Monday, March 3, 2014

Not an end, just a beginning.

"You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." -Gordon B. Hinckley 

"It's not enough to wish, it's not enough to dream, it's not enough to promise. We must do." -Thomas S. Monson

"To express gratitude is honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven." -Thomas S. Monson


These quote are some of my favorites. They are a perfect explanation of the journey I am about to embark on, and why I've chosen to take this journey. 
I will be dedicating a year and a half of my life to a cause and purpose much greater than myself and anything else I could be doing. I want to live a life as my Savior has; a life of service. I have been fortunate to live a blessed life with capabilities and privileges. I only want to be able to put my capabilities to good use. 
I want to be the cause of someone else's joy, because that is when I find true joy in myself. I want to be an instrument in the Lord's hands for good. 
My faith is my life, and it has brought so much happiness and purpose to me. I plan on sharing this with others and to help them find happiness through our Savior Jesus Christ. 
I plan on lending a helping hand wherever needed and I plan on lending a listening ear. Yes, this is something I can do wherever I am and at any time in my life, but I know that I have been called to serve and do this in Torreon, Mexico for a divine purpose. I know that through this experience of service not only will my life and future be blessed with great change, but more importantly the lives of others whom I work with will be changed for the better.
I know that I have a Father in Heaven, who knows and loves me. I know I have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who suffered to give us all the opportunity to come here to earth and prove ourselves worthy of returning back into their presence again. I am indebted to him. I only hope that as I use that knowledge to make righteous choices in my life, I will become as He wants me to be and knows that I can be. We all have a divine potential. It is up to us to take this life and learn how to aspire to it. 
I know that this choice I am making will help to lead me on that path back to them. And will help others to do the same. 
I love this journey of life. It is truly a gift to us all. A gift, at the price of our Savior. Hopefully we can all make choices that will "give back" to Him..the only one who can never be fully repaid. 

Because I am literally setting myself aside from "the world" for 18 months, communication is limited. BUT I would LOVE to hear from any and all of you!
Letters will be GREATLY appreciated and just make my day :)

My address for 6 weeks until I leave for Mexico:

Sister Lauren Marie Johnson
APR14 MEX-TOR
2023 N 900 E Unit 827
Provo, UT 84602

My address for sending letters to Mexico (April 14-September 5, 2015):

Sister Lauren Marie Johnson
Mexico Torreon Mission
Apartado Postal 792
29000 Torreon, Coahuila
Mexico

My address for sending packages to Mexico (April 14-September 5, 2015):

Sister Lauren Marie Johnson 
Mexico Torreon Mission 
Calle Ernesto Breede #301
Col. Ampliacion Los Angeles
27140 Torreon, Coahuila
Mexico

Email:
I have VERY limited time to email only once a week. That is why my family will be posting my emails and pictures to this blog :) But it you have a quick email you'd like to send...

laurenmariejohnson1@myldsmail.net


**I you are even more curious about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, visit this website...
http://mormon.org/values/missionary-work

**If you have even MORE questions about my faith in general, go here...
http://mormon.org/faq/topic/missionaries/question/proselyting-missionaries

And don't be shy about visiting this blog every so often ;)

Peace N Blessings.
Hermana out.



No comments:

Post a Comment