Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 32 ...and oh how special it was :)

¡AYYY MI FAMILIA! ¡TODO FELICIDAD PARA MI HERMANO GILBERTO Y MI FAMILIA CARREON!
but for real. 
Hermano Gilito was baptized this Saturday!!!!!! The service was beautiful and so spiritual :)) 
The little room with the bautismal font was packed and there were even people just standing in the hallway! His parents were there "front row", some friends he invited, some other investigators, members in our ward and friends from other wards. 
As missionaries (the four of us Sisters in the ward) we sang Grand Eres Tu (How Great Thou Art), because its his favorite :) 
HIJOLEEE. (oh my goodness :)
The memory of his face and his parents as we were singing, and how their eyes were just filled with tears as they looked heavenward, is unforgettable.
At the end of the ceremony, the parents (Sandra and Gilberto) spoke a few words and basically bore their testimonies of their son, his example, their experiences and feelings so far with us and in the Gospel in general. It was SO beautiful to hear their sincere and tender testimonies, as they are in the process of conversion and preparing for their own baptisms :) 
They ALWAYS refer to us as "the angles" and how we have changed their lives..and I could never be more grateful or honored that even one person would think such a thing of me. To be just that in someone elses life fulfil my life and life purpose :)
I have faith and hope to try and find more of these sweet, special people that God has prepared for me, and me for them. 
Sunday, Hno. Gilito was Confirmed with the gift of the Holy Ghost, recieved the Aronic Preiesthood, and recieved a calling in our ward as 2nd couselor in Young Mens. 
Oh how my heart was filled with love and joy and happiness :)
When the Sacrament was being passed around I thought in my mind how it was the first time for Gilito to take it as a member, and then he whispered the same exact things, of how excited he was! And i was able to explain how now he has the opportunity to renew his baptismal covenant! He just looked at me and whispered, "Gracias Hermana."
ohhhhhawawwawaw. my heart.
Pretty much in that moment I could feel the love and appreciation for my work..in all of my mission. Everything is worth it because of moments like that. I know Hermana Gilito will go to have an eternal family and generations of blessed people because of his life choice, and desire to become better..to become the man that God wants and sees in him. Because HE decided to change his life, and because HE if following the will of His Heavenly Father, so many others lives will be changed. 
Its really beautiful isnt it? The love and power of God. 
The power that we have in OUR lives, to help and better and change the lives of others.

I just want to share two quotes from this week that i LOVE so much. 

"Every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better...My declaration is that this is precisely what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need. There IS help. There IS happiness...Dont you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying...It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come...Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some dont come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, THEY COME." 
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (I suggest you look up the video clip "An High Priest of Good Things to Come"..he is a VERY powerful speaker :)

"The struggle to break out of the cocoon develops the butterfly so it can fly. Without that adversity, the butterfly would never have the strength to achieve its destiny. It would never develop the strength to become something extraordinary." -Edler Joseph B. Wirthlin ("Finding a Safe Harbor")

Well family, and friends.
I love you all.
I know God loves you.
I wish for you all to look for that love, every day. Because its there. And its something you all deserve :)

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana LJ

PS. my personal goal this week is to develop the Charity described in Moroni 7:44-48. I know ill be able to solve a lot of personal prolems and help other people along the way with applying this revelation :)
if anyone else decides to join me, let he know how it goes :)
MI COMPAÑERA REALLY LIKES THE SELFIES. (and she replies..like all Mexicans do. hahaha) its true all the comps have taken a lot of selfies..


Baptism <3

MI FAMILIA

No comments:

Post a Comment